While a large number of small businesses can continue to operate remotely, the residential cleaning services provided by Mop To It is not one of them.
As of March 15, 2020, we chose to take the necessary self-sacrificing step to suspend all residential cleaning services in an attempt to protect our clients and staff against the spread of COVID-19.
However, what we can do (via social media) is to educate our clients and followers on how to keep themselves safe by keeping the ‘High Touch’ surfaces in their homes clean and disinfected.
Cleaning is defined as removing contaminants from a surface while disinfecting is about killing pathogens. The Health Authority recommends we all do a bit of both, even if nobody in your home is sick.
‘High-Touch’ surfaces should be your first priority. We know from the research that has been conducted about the coronavirus is that the virus has the capability of living on surfaces such as cardboard for up to 24 hours and a period of 2-3 days on surfaces made of plastic and stainless steel.
The cleaning and disinfecting of ‘High-Touch’ surfaces are a necessary and crucial step we should all take. Below is a basic list of ‘High-Touch’ surfaces to include in your cleaning and disinfecting regime:
- Kitchen counters, Faucets and faucet knobs, Hard dining chairs (seat, back, and arms), Table surfaces, Doorknobs
- Bathroom counters, Toilets (seat and handle), Faucets and faucet knobs, Doorknobs
- Light switches
- TV remote controls, Game controllers
- Coffee Pot Handles
- Refrigerator, Oven, Microwave and Dishwasher handles and/or keypads
First Clean, Then Disinfect:
- First, clean the surfaces, removing any contaminants, dust, or debris. You can do this by wiping them with soapy water (or a cleaning spray) and a hand towel.
- Then apply a surface-appropriate disinfectant. The quickest and easiest way to do this is with disinfecting wipes or disinfectant spray.
By continuing to observe the recommendations for social distancing and by practicing these simple cleaning and disinfecting steps, the better chance we have to keep ourselves and our family members healthy. If you have any other cleaning related questions, we will happily answer them for you!